I have just finished creating my first ever wiki. I found it a bit more difficult than the blog. I had a very hard time trying to think of a topic to edit on Wikipedia. It was a bit overwhelming to think that I was publishing on a topic instead of just my own thoughts. PBwiki was user friendly.
I am starting to think that my wiki will be more beneficial to use with my colleagues than with my students. I work in a large district and lately everything is about parity and equity between buildings. I think that a wiki is a great way for everyone to be able to list supplies and supplemental supplies that are used in every building. The wiki I created was to be used in my grade level to see what supplies we ask to be donated at the beginning of the school year.
In my classroom I think I would have students list different websites that they have used to do research for their "Famous Person Report". This would help reach the NETS-S standard of research and information fluency, as well as technology operations and concepts.
Here is the wiki I created
http://mrshayosh.pbwiki.com
Monday, August 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment