Social bookmarking has been the hardest concept for me to grasp so far. I had to re-read Will Richardosn's chapter to fully understand exactly what it is. I now understand that social bookmarking is an online bookmarking service where I can categorize the websites that I visit. I can have access to these sites on any computer through my del.icio.us site. Now that I understand how social bookmarks work I am excited to use them with my colleagues at work. There are numerous emails that are sent between my colleagues and I recommending different sites. Now, with del.icio.us, have the ability to bookmark sites that I find beneficial. We can also tab the sites with common terminology so that when we search for the site it can quickly be found.
There are 2 NETS-S that are being met with social bookmarking: the first is Communication and Collaboration and the second is Research and Information Fluency.
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment