I have started with very little knowledge of what a blog actually is. I am amazed at how many blogs are out there in cyberspace. I am actually feeling a little silly about the lack of knowledge I have had. Through this course I have seen many blogs and now I can't believe that I am actually publishing something on the web!
I am having a difficult time trying to figure out how I can use this blog with my students because they are in second grade. I am thinking that I will use this for their parents as a resource for assignments, publishing work, as well as other general communication.
I think that one of the greatest challenges that a teacher has with using blogs with their students is parental and administrative support. This is a relatively new technology and with that comes lots of questions. I think that the biggest fear is of a child's safety.
I would use this blog with my second graders as my "room enhancer" for the beginning of the year. A "room enhancer" is a get to know you activity that we all share. I would use this blog to show my students a little about technology. This would also help me explain to the students that their parents and I work together. This would also allow me the chance to explain that throughout the year I will be helping them to publish their work to my blog for everyone to see. This would meet the NETS-S communication and collaboration standard.
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment