Sunday, August 10, 2008

Technology Blog - New Literacies

Educators right now are being asked to prepare students to be productive in the 21st century. For many educators we do not know what this means. Before this class I was not exposed to many of the different Web 2.0 technologies. I think that one of the biggest challenges that we are having to face is ourselves, and our lack of knowledge. Technology seems to be where the biggest gap in learning is occurring.

As an educator I have to be willing to keep expanding my learning in order to keep up with what my students and their parents have a knowledge of. Curriculum continues to change, but I do not feel that the method that information is delivered to my students has really changed that greatly. This class has opened my mind to a whole new way of thinking about assignments and outcomes. Collaboration and active participation really is the heart of Web 2.0 and also what we are trying to achieve with students. How appropriate that now students can truly collaborate in a global classroom.

No comments: